Tumtec class: main components and functions of fiber fusion splicer
By Tumtec 2018-08-15
Main components and function of fusion splicer
1. Main board: CPU processor; Memory; Internal battery; The graphics card.
2. Motor: 1 pair of lifting motor, 1 pair of focusing motor and 1 pair of core motor.
3. Cover: used to protect the precision parts when the machine is not in use.
4. Table support frame: used to support the table.
5. Wind shield: abnormal arc discharge caused by wind energy, the anti-wind cover protect the arc processing.The windshield also ACTS as a safety switch that automatically prevents arcing when turned on.
6. Discharge electrode: to produce the electric arc when splicing.
7. LED light source: illuminates the optical fiber when image processing.
8. Electrode cap: used to protect the electrode (anode) during operation.
9. Precision v-groove: align the optical fiber with precision displacement.
10. Fiber clamp: fix the fiber in the v-shaped groove.
11. Fiber clamp: clamp the coated fiber to hold it in right position.
12. Lifting mirror: used for observing fiber in X and Y. Its rise and fall synchronously with the anti-wind cover.
13. Electrode clamp: calibrate and fix the electrode in the correct position.